Indiana residents can freely access over 1.32 MILLION pages of the following titles via INSPIRE.
READ this page to find out how!
Titles and dates currently available:
- Angola Herald (1910-1963)
- (Angola) Steuben Republican (1860-1964)
- Brazil Daily Times (1907-1963)
- Bremen Enquirer (1885-1964)
- Bristol Banner
- Brook Reporter
- Brookville Democrat
- Charlestown Courier (1941-1964)
- Clinton Daily Clintonian (1935-1936)
- Columbia City Commercial-Mail (1951-1962)
- Culver Citizen (1903-1963)
- Edinburg Courier (1934-1956)
- Evansville Press
- Fairmount News (1888-1955)
- Fort Wayne Daily Gazette (1864-1899)
- Fort Wayne Daily News (1874-1923)
- Fort Wayne Journal-Gazette (1873-1923)
- Fort Wayne Weekly Gazette (1895-1903)
- Fort Wayne Weekly Journal (1890-1899)
- Fort Wayne Weekly Sentinel (1875-1917)
- Fort Wayne Sentinel (1870-1923)
- (Franklin) Evening Star (1912-1919)
- Franklin Evening Star (1920-1963)
- Garrett Clipper
- Greenfield Daily Reporter (1908-1963)
- (Greenfield) Hancock Democrat (1862-1957)
- Logansport Pharos-Tribune (1890-2006)
The Indiana State Library (ISL) is digitizing some of its newspaper microfilm collection in partnership with Newspapers.com. As part of ISL’s deal with Newspapers.com, Indiana residents can get free access to the content we are providing by logging-in via INSPIRE. We’ve also been able to include content previously provided to Newspapers.com from the Allen County Public Library. Currently, there are over 1,250,000 pages available through the INSPIRE portal.
TO ACCESS THE CONTENT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Go to INSPIRE.in.gov . If you try accessing INSPIRE at an Indiana library you shouldn’t need to log-in. However, if you try accessing INSPIRE via your home, coffee shop, work place, etc. you may need to create a log-in. Again, if you are an Indiana resident access to the select Newspapers.com content is free via INSPIRE.
4. SPECIAL NOTE: If you just want access to only the free content, then only perform a search in box below where it reads “Start your search now.” Selecting search, browse, or papers from the top bar will search all of Newspapers.com and will prompt you to subscribe to the site.
5. If you have any questions or problems accessing the content, contact Chandler. You can find his contact info here.